Saturday, April 2, 2011

Start The ART




I feel like something major is going on in my life right now. I used to do a lot of art because i went to art school and i used to spend a lot of time looking at art and photography and i would get so inspired it would spill out into works of my own. But then life sort of took over. Josh and I moved out to America and our lives have been different in really good ways since then. But i seem to have lost that aspect of my life - until recently. Over the last few years i have gone through a lot of change and healing in my life and i feel that now my artistic expressions are somehow the purest forms of 'me' and the most real. I have worked on the book i'm writing with more zeal, written poetry and even song lyrics for the first time in ages, cared about how i dress, discovered brand new music and actually listened to it (music used to be the constant backdrop to my life and i hope that's coming back) and i've been photographing things that inspire me. This evening it felt so good just to sit down with all my pens, paints, magazine clippings and pritt stick and do some real art again. I realised tonight how faded this whole artistic part of my life has been in the last two years and i'm excited to see it return. I feel as though my identity deepens the more writing, drawing, photography i do. I guess that's what happens when you're a creative person - the expression of yourself, in whatever form, helps to move you on somehow - to move you from one hurdle in life to the next. God is right bang in the middle somehow, drawing it all out.

I am beginning a 'Start The ART' series - first i will upload some inspiration and then i will upload some of my own work. I will also upload photos of the awesome friendship bracelets i've made over the last few days - as promised!

1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely blog! Beautiful!

    The Flower Girl

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete